As restrictions are beginning to lift, we are doing our best to heed the recommendations of the governor’s office as well as the CDC. Our hope is to gather again in a spirit of wisdom, love, and compassion in a way that reflects the guidelines being encouraged by our state and local leaders, as well as shines the hope of the gospel as a light to the world around us. Our hope is to return together in 3 phases.
Phase 1 was to come together and worship through drive in and outdoor meetings. After much prayer, deliberation, and seeking the wisdom of health professionals, Grantwood has now moved to Phase 2 of our gathering strategy.
- We will continue to live-stream our service at facebook.com/grantwoodcc for those who choose to stay home.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in addition to increased cleanings of the church facilities.
- Doors will be propped open in high-traffic areas.
- We will refrain from serving coffee or tea before or during our gatherings.
- In lieu of passing the offering plate, giving can be made through stations placed at the door or online.
- We will practice individual communion in place of the common cup and bread.
- Seating will be grouped by family units and spread six feet apart from other family groupings.
- If you have a face mask that covers your mouth and nose, please wear it. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you to be worn while in the building.
- Enter the building for service no sooner than 10:50am. Weather permitting, we will converse and encourage one another outside of the building before and after the service.
- Please maintain six feet of distance between those outside of your immediate family and avoid personal contact such as handshakes or hugs.
- Sit with your family to fill all the seats in your section (e.g. a couple should not sit in a group of 4 chairs, so we can maximize the space). If chairs need to be added, we will move them to maintain distancing.
- If you feel ill (fever of 100+°F or have cold-like symptoms) or believe you may have been exposed to the virus, please stay home and join by livestream.
- If you are part of the at-risk population (immunocompromised, elderly, or have a preexisting condition which would put you at greater risk), please consider staying home.